Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed 20170815 the missing lua dependencies
On jeudi, 17 août 2017 14.41:08 h CEST Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 14:31 +0200, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
Thanks for reporting back, and actions

I would not ask pandoc as ring (a bit too much deps I guess). At
least not my
first geeko's priorities for the moment ;-)

ps : Dominique, you should every time give a link to the failures, so
curious
can jump on ;-), no ?

all the build failures can be seen in https://build.opensuse.org/projec
t/show/openSUSE:Factory - that link does not change

for pandoc, it currently 'just' states 'unresolvable: nothing provides
liblua.so.5.1 needed by ghc-hslua', see
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/pandoc

so checking turther, you get to
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/ghc-hslua
where you can click on any of the 'failed' logs, which leads to (e.g.)
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/openSUSE:Factory/ghc->
hslua/standard/x86_64

there the log states:

[ 19s] Setup: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
[ 19s] * Missing (or bad) header file: lua.h
[ 19s] This problem can usually be solved by installing the system
package that
[ 19s] provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If
the library is
[ 19s] already installed but in a non-standard location then you can
use the flags
[ 19s] --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where
it is.
[ 19s] If the header file does exist, it may contain errors that are
caught by the C
[ 19s] compiler at the preprocessing stage. In this case you can re-
run configure
[ 19s] with the verbosity flag -v3 to see the error messages.
[ 19s] error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bFkuRr (%build)

but in all honesty: nothing of that is 'secret' and 'hidden', and if I
have to answer all mails with a full trace and debug why something
fails, I'll probably just stop reporting the root cause for such
issues... there are funnier things to do than copying all the
intermediate links into emails (which everybody can find out, without
much hassle)

In plus, there is nothing left to be done for anybody anyway:
https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/517341 had been submitted to
fix the issue, it has been accepted into the devel prj (sadly not
forwarded to openSUSE:Factory yet though - I assume the maintainer
wanted to see this build completely in the devel prj first).

Cheers,
Dominique

oups, seems I didn't explain correctly, I was talking about the ring and the
230 failures you're facing in producing Factory. Now I have wasted your time
sorry again.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch