Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 05:50:55PM +1000, Konstantin Voinov wrote:
I have next issue after install from repo. Same error had happen when mesa
overwrites nvidia GL libs, it could be fixed by re-run NVDIA*.run for
reinstall. But now reinstalling nvidia-glG04-384.59-28.2.x86_64 does not
helps.

glxinfo
name of display: :0
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
Serial number of failed request: 48
I guess, this is a messed up TW system. I suggest uninstalling all nvidia RPMs
and uninstall possibly manually installed NVIDIA driver.

zypper rm $(rpm -qa|grep nvidia)
nvidia-install --uninstall

Then you might need to reinstall also some Mesa packages. Sigh.

Candidates
----------

Mesa
Mesa-devel
Mesa-dri-devel
Mesa-dri-nouveau
Mesa-libEGL-devel
Mesa-libEGL1
Mesa-libGL-devel
Mesa-libGL1
Mesa-libGLESv1_CM-devel
Mesa-libGLESv1_CM1
Mesa-libGLESv2-2
Mesa-libGLESv2-devel
Mesa-libGLESv3-devel
Mesa-libOpenCL
Mesa-libVulkan-devel
Mesa-libd3d
Mesa-libd3d-devel
Mesa-libglapi-devel
Mesa-libglapi0
Mesa-libva
libOSMesa-devel
libOSMesa8
libXvMC_nouveau
libXvMC_r600
libgbm-devel
libgbm1
libvdpau_nouveau
libvdpau_r300
libvdpau_r600
libvdpau_radeonsi
libvulkan_intel
libvulkan_radeon
libwayland-egl-devel
libwayland-egl1
libxatracker-devel
libxatracker2

Then install NVIDIA RPMs as described via

zypper inr

If they don't get autoselected your gfx card is not supported by this driver.
Keep Mesa installed.
I had the same problem ("libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals
found")" and followed the guide from Stefan (uninstallation of Nvidia
driver, removing Nvidia packages, adding Nvidia packages, re-installing
the package list).

In my case this was not enough. There were old copies of OpenGL
libraries /usr/lib64/libGL*.so.* which did not belong to any RPM
package. I queried them with

rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libGL*.so.*

After deleting them and running ldconfig, the problem was solved.

Greetings,
Björn