Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: terminfo-base vs. KDE konsole
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:55:52AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Aug 17 2017, "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 09:59:19PM +0200, Bernhard Held wrote:
After updating to terminfo-base-6.0-27.2 the output of atop or iftop looks
bad in my KDE konsole (TERM = xterm-256color).

It's OK on a linux console (TERM = linux) or in xterm (TERM = xterm).

Reverting to terminfo-base-6.0-26.1.x86_64 fixes the problem.

Whom to blame: konsole or terminfo-base?

Ah ... might I guess: TERM is set to "xterm" or extended instead of
"konsole"
or extended?

Please do not try to reprogram terminals or terminal emulators by changing
the value of TERM. This variable describes the behaviour of terminals or
terminal emulators. There is only some entries which change the behaviour
of a terminal emulator (like kbs/kb with modern XTerm, that is if kbs=\177
is given in terminfo then XTerm use DEL and otherwise Ctrl-H) but mostly
terminfo entries only describes the current terminal emulator but never
reprograms it. In other words if ncurses upstream (also part of XTerm
upstream) change something this does by definition not break Konsole ;)

But the konsole description does not work for Konsole, for example
control and shift modified cursor keys don't work.

Ah ... OK, that is libreadline/inputrc as well as bindkey for tcsh I guess.
Yep indeed, this only handles xterm, kvt, gnome, kterm, mlterm, rxvt-unicode,
linux, and screen but missing konsole

Werner