Re: [opensuse-factory] Workarounds for Buggy Bluetooth Audio

On Tuesday 2017-08-15 15:21, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-08-15 06:45, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

Not sure what exactly the KDE tools do, but if you use
(just) bluetoothctl and pulseaudio - I can tell how if needed -
is the success rate better?

How? :-)

Wiki page perhaps?

There is no BT stack in XFCE to my knowledge, so I would like to try
another means.

# bluetoothctl
BT# power on
-- at this point, devices paired in the past are usable --

BT# agent on
BT# default-agent
BT# discoverable on
BT# pairable on
BT# scan on
BT# pair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

after that, the sound device should show up in `pavucontrol`
and be usable from media players when they are set to use libpulse.

Likewise, Internets shared by BT devices should show in the NetworkManager tray
icon menu now. If not, use `rfkill` to unblock(enable) more software layers.
rfkill is the most fine grained operation there is; other ways are rightclick
NM tray icon, or use of the Fn special laptop keys for coarse grain
dis-/enable.