Re: [opensuse-factory] Changing Architecture level for 32bit x86 to x86-64
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017, Felix Miata wrote:

Richard Biener composed on 2017-08-15 17:56 (UTC+0200):

Still waiting for somebody to confirm he's actually running such
old machine on Tumbleweed ;)

Host & CPU Socket type:
a-865 478
gx110 370 (P3, no sse2) (last updated >1year ago)
gx150 370 (P3, no sse2)
gx260 478
gx270 478
gx27b 478
gx27c 478
gx280 478
gx28b 478
gx28c 478
hs80e (external floater) (last updated >1year ago)
kt400 462 (Athlon XP, no sse2)
kt88b 462 (Athlon XP, no sse2)
m7ncd 462 (Sempron, no sse2)
t2240 478

15 total, 13 "active"

Pentium 4 motherboards with Socket 478 cannot be upgraded to 64-bit CPUs. 478
motherboards typically support no more than 2GB RAM.

Note that Pentium 4 is safe, so from your list above that is 5 machines
left behind (not sure about hs80e), two of them updated >1year ago.

What do those machines actually do?

Recent thread here that may indicate other users or would-be users using TW
because 32-bit was dropped from "Distribution" releases:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-08/msg00105.html

Yes, I saw that. I'm not suggesting to drop 32bit, I'm just suggesting
to drop support for CPUs that are very old.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB