Re: [opensuse-factory] Next steps for Firefox on TW
Am 11.08.2017 um 10:35 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 11.08.2017 um 10:17 schrieb Alberto Planas Dominguez:
[...]
I agree. I would prefer exclusion here.

Doable but it doesn't solve the problem when people start running
Firefox 55 and want to switch back to 52. I have no idea what will
happen exactly.

/usr/bin/firefox is a shell script. Maybe it would be possible to
add some lines that create a backup of ~/.mozilla/firefox if an
upgrade to non-esr is detected? Even if we don't go as far as making
the way backwards easy and transparent, the backup would at least
allow users to do something manually rather than ending up with
messed up settings.

good idea. Probably not too easy though since there could be multiple
profiles and profiles are nowadays split between .mozilla and .cache.

Not sure when I can start looking into it so any help would be appreciated.

Wolfgang