Re: [opensuse-factory] 42.3 - How to install Nvidia proprietary video driver
I have a similar issue.
I upgraded my 42.2 to 42.3 by switching the repos (including the nvidia
repo) from 42.2 to 42.3 and doing zypper dup.
I had to agree to some Adobe stuff and to install nouveau (otherwise
zypper would just end).

Now, I have nvidia and nouveau packages installed, but there seem to be
no nvidia modules. At least I can not modprobe nvidia.
I blacklisted nouveau in /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf nad did
mkinitrd as suggested here. Still, neither nvidia nor nouveau get loaded
and Plasma complains about missing OpenGL2...

What ca I do?
Reinstall the nvidia drivers from the repo to get the module build?

Cheers,
Michael