Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:19:00PM +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi,

Stefan Dirsch [09.08.2017 15:56]:
Hi
=20
Since yesterday there are NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a try by adding the repository manua=
lly via
=20
zypper ar https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed nvidia-tumb=
leweed

I used the drivers from the Bumblebee project for the last months.
I gave the new tumbleweed drivers a try and so far they seem to work as
expected. When installing the latest kernel, they were recompiled and
still worked after the next reboot ;)
To get there, I deactivated the bumblebee repo, uninstalled the drivers,
added the repo from your mail and installed the drivers from there.

Thx a lot for your efforts.

One question, though: Do I have to care for any libs, if everything
seems to work? Just in case ...

I can't say, since I'm not familiar with the Bumblebee project. :-(

Sorry,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany