Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:07:47AM +0200, Werner Flamme wrote:
Stefan Dirsch [09.08.2017 15:56]:
Hi

Since yesterday there are NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a try by adding the repository manually
via

zypper ar https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed
nvidia-tumbleweed

Stefan,

until yesterday I used the "Alternative, based on OBS" on page
<https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_the_hard_way> for my Leap host,
since I use obs://Kernel:/stable/standard here (due to Skylake, which is
not covererd by the 4.4 kernel).

Yesterday I tried to rebuild, but I don't get all files from it. I only get

nvidia-gfxG04-384.59-0.nosrc.rpm
nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default-384.59_k4.11.8_2-0.x86_64.rpm

Seems you haven't read the README file referenced on this Wiki page. You need
to specify the right specfile for the build to generate also the userspace
packages.

What would I do to get a module fitting to the 4.12 kernel I'm using now?

As long as you're using SUSE kernel RPMs, everything is handled in these new
TW KMPs now.

Plus the other packages I find in the new repo?

See above.

After trying a lot, I used NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.59.run to get a working
graphical display at all...

In case you try the RPMs once more, please run "nvidia-installer --uninstall"
before.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany