Re: [opensuse-factory] External Drive for a Backup - errors
Den 2017-08-08 kl. 22:47, skrev james:
Bengt Gördén:
Den 2017-08-08 kl. 21:49, skrev james:

just hangs forever, doesnt do anything
hw failure? Try put the drive on another USB-port (it's USB, right?).
Check with lsusb -t to see your options. I had to move a USB-disk a year
ago due to lack of power on that port. You can also check for hw failure
on a disk with smartctl -a (as root). It'll give you a abundance of info.

smartctl -a /dev/sdb

To rule out software problem I'd try a live-disk of some sort and see if
it works. My favorite is knoppix (I'm old, I know). If it works with
that it's most likely something in opensuse.

http://susepaste.org/43553632
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count 0x000a 200 200 000 Old_age
Always - 22

Something is going on here. Maybe a bad cable. It's the most common
cause when you have UDMA_CRC_Error_Count.

I also ran a 2 hour test this morning with GSmartControl with no errors
on it.

--
/bengan