Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: hylafax+ 5.5.8 localized Email notification chops german Umlauts
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 19:48:14 +0200
Am Montag, 7. August 2017, 21:12:51 CEST schrieb Bernhard Held:
On 08/04/2017 at 11:09 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Note that the Umlauts are missing.

This looks like a mismatch of character sets. The advertised character set
and the actual character set in an email have to match.

That is the case....

`file /tmp/examine_me.eml` tells the character set used in that file.

`recode utf-8..iso-8859-1` helps to recode your text to the desired
character set.

You might be able to view the raw email or manually set the character set
with your email client. This way you maybe can see the "lost" characters.

Having played some more with it, and redirecting the program call to $SENDMAIL
to the fiel as said, in case the call of the notify-script is coming from
hylafax, the content is corrupted as well.

That means, for whatever reason the handling inside the script causes the
error. I'm still trying to fix this...but not yet successful.
Cant we set a language environment in systemd, when starting the server?

Cheers
Axel