Re: [opensuse-factory] External Drive for a Backup - errors
* james <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 12:34]:
Patrick Shanahan:

I have been using the Backups gui program that I believe is provided by
MATE but I use KDE. The shortcut resides in the System option in the
Menu. I had a TW install a few days back and this worked perfectly for me.

and that backup program is what? perhaps duplicity?

The program is literally called Backups, I have not seen it in KDE but
it shows up when I install some MATE stuff. It is a GUI program in the
System folder in the Menu selection.

from the command-line:
rpm -qf `which Backups`

I cannot find an opensuse package providing "Backups". you are going to
have to explain what this program is and where it comes from.

I am using Tw and have for years and cannot find anything providing
"Backups" for openSUSE.

just might explain why you are getting errors.

I am again using TW, second install, both installs were upgrades. When I
use this Backups program, it throws an external window showing this:

http://susepaste.org/72088551

what does (as root): zypper ver
provide?

That says "unknown command"

sorry, should be: zypper ve

are you really getting disk errors, re subject, or just getting errors
from program output?

This error above appears to be from the program.