Re: [opensuse-factory] External Drive for a Backup - errors
Patrick Shanahan:

I have been using the Backups gui program that I believe is provided by
MATE but I use KDE. The shortcut resides in the System option in the
Menu. I had a TW install a few days back and this worked perfectly for me.

and that backup program is what? perhaps duplicity?

The program is literally called Backups, I have not seen it in KDE but
it shows up when I install some MATE stuff. It is a GUI program in the
System folder in the Menu selection.

I am again using TW, second install, both installs were upgrades. When I
use this Backups program, it throws an external window showing this:

http://susepaste.org/72088551

what does (as root): zypper ver
provide?

That says "unknown command"

are you really getting disk errors, re subject, or just getting errors
from program output?

This error above appears to be from the program.