Re: [opensuse-factory] SuSE Leap 42.3 package drm-kmp-default does not work properly on Acer Veriton M480G
Gentle reader,

I did - as a matter of course - reboot my machine before and after each
installation respective deinstallation of drm-kmp-default.

The malfunction is clearly an effect of a race condition.

I am using fvwm2/xdm, very well established, definitely non-"cool"
pieces of software consuming a very little amount of system resources.

The main "fat" application is a Mozilla Firefox, which runs several
JavaScript based system monitoring tools (Icinga, code produced by High
Energy Physicists) and consumes a lot of memory.

The login prompt of xdm was garbled (blank) after the initial system
startup reliably, after a "systemctl restart display-manager" after the
completion of the boot process, from a text console or via xrdp it
showed not defects.

The system went into trashing - I was able to monitor this by a thin
client on xrdp - during movement of windows, e.g. xterm, implying
directly handled memory transfer under drm.

The locally connected keyboard and mouse were disabled, too.

Killing the local X server (from the xrdp session) helped several times,
while the xrdp server did not cause problems.

Yours sincerely

Christoph-Erdmann Pfeiler