Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 32-bit roadmap?

On 03/08/17 17:51, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

This may be because of 32-bit UEFI (as with the tablets I wrote about
yesterday). If they are shipped with 32-bit Windows by the vendor, it's
quite likely this problem.

To my best knowledge 32 Windows never supported (and still does not
support) EFI. I may be wrong though.

The support for EFI mixed mode is enabled in 42.3 kernel but I'm not
sure if its grub has all necessary patches. If not, you can find grub2
package with them e.g. in home:mkubecek:baytrail OBS project.

I see two problems

- grub2 i386_efi simply is not available on x86_64; it needs to be
either built explicitly or some magic that pulls in 32 bit builds must
be used. I wish openSUSE had either actual multiarch support or at
least allowed grub2 packages to be noarch; currently it results in
error because rpmlint assumes ELF binaries cannot be in noarch

If it makes sense and is reasonable you can get rpmlint to ignore the
error with a rpmlintrc file, just be sure to clearly document why it exists.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30