Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 32-bit roadmap?
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:56:32 +0300

To my best knowledge 32 Windows never supported (and still does not
support) EFI. I may be wrong though.

IMHO you are. I have Acer Aspire 10E convertible which was shipped with
32-bit Windows 8.1 and has (32-bit) UEFI. If there was an option to
enforce legacy BIOS-style boot, everything would be way easier.

Yes, you are right. Apparently Windows requires OS and firmware to
match though: "While in UEFI mode, the Windows version must match the
PC architecture. A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of
Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows.".

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824898.aspx