Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 32-bit roadmap?
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 09:52:10 +0200
On Thursday, 3 August 2017 9:24 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
The difficulty is that the 32-bit access library to control the
sensors connected to the card is compiled against the 32-bit kernel
drivers. So I wonder if it could talk to the 64-bit driver without
modification. And, of course, I would need to find 64-bit drivers that
work with a new kernel but are compatible with the 32-bit drivers
that the access library was compiled to use...

It would be really bad design if the 64-bit driver used a different
protocol to talk to userspace than 32-bit one. But then, I've seen a lot
of poorly designed software around so I guess the only way to be sure is
to try it.

Michal Kubeček