Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
On 02/08/17 05:09, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-08-01 14:03, Werner Flamme wrote:
Carlos E. R. [01.08.2017 13:46]:
Carlos E. R. [01.08.2017 13:15]:
On 2017-08-01 12:18, Axel Braun wrote:

Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)"
<phodac@xxxxxxx>:
Hello

We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible.
We have loads of issues reported on products that are no
longer supported or loads of bugs reported against
Tumbleweed.
Petr,

definitely a good idea!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but
somewhat annoying and frustrating for the reporter(s)
If you do that, then why should I bother to report new bugs if
nobody is going to care, even read it?
Carlos, you did read that Axel wrote about unsupported releases,
didn't you?
Yes, my reply was sent on his post. :-?

And what would be good for to open bugs for unsupported releases
now?
You mean open a new bug for an unsupported release? Why would anybody
do that? :-?

I don't understand your reply.

Exactly that is happening to me with your post.

I understood that Axel proposed to simply close bugs for unsupported
releases (as one of two possible methods), you didn't quote the other.

I understood your response so that you do not like that because you do
not see why anybody would report a new bug then.

I do not see any connection between opening a bug to a supported release
and closing bugs to unsupported ones. So I thought you were concerned
about opening bugs for discontinued releases. Sorry for that
misunderstanding.
Yes, I think you are getting the idea now :-)

My meaning is that, if I open some bugs which I take time to investigate
and after some years they are closed without anything done with them,
next time I will not bother to report bugs, because reporting is useless.

It only applies to one of Axel proposals, not the other one.

I think what you arguing about is more relevant re another option which
Petr put forward, namely: "Wontfix/Feature: issue is a feature
request/or something that should not be fixed by us".

If it isn't going to be "fixed by us" then who should "fix" the problem
reported by a user?

If it is a "feature" requested by a user then to whom should the user
have reported the feature in order for it to be considered for
implementation?

In both case this is where your comment about "why bother to report
anything if it is going to dismissed out-of-hand" comes in.

BC

--
You are NOT entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
INFORMED opinion. Nobody is entitled to be ignorant.