Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
On 2017-08-01 13:52, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne úterý 1. srpna 2017 12:18:24 CEST, Axel Braun napsal(a):
Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)" <phodac@xxxxxxx>:
We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible. We have
loads of issues reported on products that are no longer supported or
loads of bugs reported against Tumbleweed.

definitely a good idea!

Yes!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but somewhat annoying
and frustrating for the reporter(s)

This is not good idea how to encourage users to report bugs...

- review each bug and request for verification in newer releases: more work
but shows committment

KDE (or part of it) recently did something similar. I received from its
bugzilla e-mails like "this bug was reported only for KDE4/some other old
version, we are going to close it if it is not present in recent KF5". If
this
is the only activity in the bug during past year or so, it is really very
frustrating and discouraging...
I don't argue against the cleanup, but, please, the bugs must be really
reviewed before closing and the closing comment may not discourage user from
new report. And please, do not adopt Fedora batch-closing style.
Other point worth of discussion is why are there so many opened bugs?

I agree completely.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.