Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 16:58:52 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 01/08/17 07:34 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-01 12:18, Axel Braun wrote:

If you do that, then why should I bother to report new bugs if
nobody is going to care, even read it? :-/

Carlos, for the same reason we always have - in the vain hope a bug
might be picked up and fixed. Having a report closed as "no longer
under maintenance" is not just "somewhat frustrating", it is
extremely frustrating, but what else do you propose we do?
Pursuing a bug for a product that cannot be updated is pointless, but
obviously the reporter is more than welcome to reopen if the problem
persists in a maintained version.

It occurs to me that there may be bugs, some of them as code, some
not, that 'persist', and a fix in a later release could be applied to
the earlier release.

Absolutely.

I think that would be a cleaner, more gratifying resolution that a
wild card "WONTFIX Because no Longer Under maintenance".

What exactly would you do?

At the very least it will trigger mail to concerned parties that will
see that the group is making an effort, even if somewhat belated. I
think this is better PR than saying what amount to "we ignored you
then and we still don't care".

I think you've hit the nail on the head here - better PR is what this
need to be about, yes.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (29.9°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.