Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
Carlos E. R. [01.08.2017 13:46]:
On 2017-08-01 13:18, Werner Flamme wrote:
Carlos E. R. [01.08.2017 13:15]:
On 2017-08-01 12:18, Axel Braun wrote:

Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)"
<phodac@xxxxxxx>:
Hello

We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible.
We have loads of issues reported on products that are no
longer supported or loads of bugs reported against
Tumbleweed.

Petr,

definitely a good idea!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but
somewhat annoying and frustrating for the reporter(s)

If you do that, then why should I bother to report new bugs if
nobody is going to care, even read it?

Carlos, you did read that Axel wrote about unsupported releases,
didn't you?

Yes, my reply was sent on his post. :-?

And what would be good for to open bugs for unsupported releases
now?

You mean open a new bug for an unsupported release? Why would anybody
do that? :-?

I don't understand your reply.

Exactly that is happening to me with your post.

I understood that Axel proposed to simply close bugs for unsupported
releases (as one of two possible methods), you didn't quote the other.

I understood your response so that you do not like that because you do
not see why anybody would report a new bug then.

I do not see any connection between opening a bug to a supported release
and closing bugs to unsupported ones. So I thought you were concerned
about opening bugs for discontinued releases. Sorry for that
misunderstanding.