Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
On 2017-08-01 13:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-01 12:18, Axel Braun wrote:

Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)"
<phodac@xxxxxxx>:
Hello

We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible. We
have loads of issues reported on products that are no longer
supported or loads of bugs reported against Tumbleweed.

Petr,

definitely a good idea!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but somewhat
annoying and frustrating for the reporter(s)

If you do that, then why should I bother to report new bugs if nobody
is going to care, even read it? :-/

Carlos, for the same reason we always have - in the vain hope a bug
might be picked up and fixed. Having a report closed as "no longer
under maintenance" is not just "somewhat frustrating", it is extremely
frustrating, but what else do you propose we do?
Pursuing a bug for a product that cannot be updated is pointless, but
obviously the reporter is more than welcome to reopen if the problem
persists in a maintained version.

For starters, give some thought to the bug. Did somebody read it, or was
it sent to a non existing maintainer? Then send to the current
maintainer, and let him read it and decide.

If the bug was reported for an old application, ask the reporter to
please try again on the new release and report back. Leave the bug as
"needinfo", which shows interest.

Have a quick look at the bug, decide case per case if something can be
done. Certainly do not mass-close.

And of course, a process needs to be created to detect bugs with no
activity in long time. Detect when nobody reads a bug, or nobody acts on it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.