Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017

On 01/08/17 19:48, Axel Braun wrote:

Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)" <phodac@xxxxxxx>:
Hello

We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible. We have
loads of issues reported on products that are no longer supported or
loads of bugs reported against Tumbleweed.

Petr,

definitely a good idea!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but somewhat annoying and
frustrating for the reporter(s)

- review each bug and request for verification in newer releases: more work
but shows committment

It probably depends, going back far enough if its a bug related to a
init script, or older software like KDE4, its probably worth just
closing as its likely no longer relevant. Some bugs in lesser used
software are probably going to be simple to validate if there fixed
others wont. There is also likely a number of cases where the bug is
assigned to the wrong person (or a mailing list with no one monitoring)
as maintainers change and sometimes don't get updated everywhere so even
assigning to the right maintainer so they can look and give an opinion
is probably worthwhile in some cases.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30