Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017

Am 31. Juli 2017 16:54:06 MESZ schrieb "Petr Hodac (Hody)" <phodac@xxxxxxx>:
Hello

We were looking in Bugzilla queue and the number is horrible. We have
loads of issues reported on products that are no longer supported or
loads of bugs reported against Tumbleweed.

Petr,

definitely a good idea!

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but somewhat annoying and
frustrating for the reporter(s)

- review each bug and request for verification in newer releases: more work but
shows committment

Thanks

Axel

See the following table for yourself:
openSUSE Tumbleweed 1633
openSUSE Leap 42.3 9
openSUSE Leap 42.2 220
openSUSE Leap 42.1 280
openSUSE 13.2 0
openSUSE 13.1 457
openSUSE 12.3 198
openSUSE 12.2 178
openSUSE 12.1 199
openSUSE 11.4 193
openSUSE 11.3 132
openSUSE 11.2 170
openSUSE 11.1 221
openSUSE 11.0 31
openSUSE 10.3 12

Total 3933

As such we decided to organize BugHunting event on *August
10.-12.8.2017*. It will be online event and we should organize at irc
#opensuse-bughunting on freenode and technical discussion should happen
on opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx

If you decide to join in, feel free to pick any query bellow and start
closing issues. Possible bug resolutions are:
Fixed: when you fix the bug
Worksforme: well the bug is no longer there or we fix it when found
Wontfix/Feature: issue is a feature request/or something that should
not be fixed by us
Upstream: well it is open for ages and it is issue in the software
itself rather than in package/distribution thus the report should go
there

Supported:
openSUSE
Tumbleweed
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&limit=0&list_id=7252005&order=priority%2Cbug_severity&product=openSUSE%20Tumbleweed&query_format=specific
openSUSE Leap
42.3
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=7252018&op_sys=openSUSE%2042.3&product=openSUSE%20Distribution&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
openSUSE Leap
42.2
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=7252018&op_sys=openSUSE%2042.2&product=openSUSE%20Distribution&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

Unsupported:
openSUSE Leap
42.1
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=7252018&op_sys=openSUSE%2042.1&product=openSUSE%20Distribution&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
openSUSE
13.2
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251274&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2013.2&query_format=specific
openSUSE
13.1
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251274&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2013.1&query_format=specific
openSUSE
12.3
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251982&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2012.3&query_format=specific
openSUSE
12.2
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251983&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2012.2&query_format=specific
openSUSE
12.1
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251984&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2012.1&query_format=specific
openSUSE
11.4
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251985&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2011.4&query_format=specific
openSUSE
11.3
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251990&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2011.3&query_format=specific
openSUSE
11.2
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7252001&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2011.2&query_format=specific
openSUSE
11.1
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251996&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2011.1&query_format=specific
openSUSE
11.0
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251996&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2011.0&query_format=specific
openSUSE
10.3
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=7251996&order=Importance&product=openSUSE%2010.3&query_format=specific

If you happen to have any questions please reply to this email.

Petr "Hody" Hodac
University and community coordinator