[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/26
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

This week I can only offer you 3 snapshots (0625, 0626 and 0628); Due
to issues with openQA during the last weekend, the two snapshots 0623
and 0624 were discarded (even though they would have been good). 0627
was held back because we would have shipped a non-working bind in there
(after OpenSSL changed the location of the engines again). But as
usual, of course, a discarded snapshot just means the updates reach you
one snapshot later.

The three snapshots brought you those interesting changes:

* OpenSSL 1.0.2l
* gdb 8.0
* GStreamer 1.12.1
* Linux Kernel 4.11.7
* LibreOffice 5.4.0.1 (rc1)
* gucharmap 10 – with Uniceode10 support

Various users have been asking during the last week about the shipment
of LibreOffice 5.4beta2. Like with everything in Tumbleweed, it is up
tot he maintainers to decide if a package/code base is of sufficient
quality to be updated. openQA will take care to ensure we maintain a
certain level of quality as a minimum – but the tests there are as
limited as what our contributors write tests for. If you know of
anything you’d like to see tested, simply get in touch with us and
we’ll find a way to get you started in helping implement the new tests.

Further things currently queued up in Stagings:

* NetworkManager 1.8
* KDE Frameworks 5.35.0
* automake 1.15.1 – if your package was bootstrapped with 1.15.0 and
implicitly calls automake, this might give failures (call automake
explicit when you patch sources)
* Linux Kernel 4.11.8
* libzypp: change of default setting for ‘allow vendor change to
false’ during zypper dup (just a change in the default shipped
zypp.conf file)

These are the largest impacting things out there at the moment.
Maintainers informed us on the mailing list about some larger impacting
modifications, that are a bit further away. You might want to weigh in
on the mailing lists directly

* Drop php5 (php7 has been in Tumbleweed for a long time already)
* Use python3 as default python interpreter (as /usr/bin/python)

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages