Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170626: /var/lock gone?
On Fri, Jun 30, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

/var/lock should be a symlink to /run/lock and the entire construct is
managed by systemd-tmpfiles, base don /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf:

I know what it's supposed to be pointing at, and created the link myself.

systemd-tmpfiles --create /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf

Maybe that one should go in the postinstall script of filesystem then?

No, clearly not. Else you will no longer be able to install tumbleweed
correct.

But my suspicion (see other post) is that the removal of /var/lock had been
delayed because it was still in use, so the post-script did not do anything,
and after the handle was free the link got deleted?

I think creating the symlink should be a %posttrans, not a %pretrans.
The way it is in filesystem package looks wrong to me.

Thorsten