Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170626: /var/lock gone?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:04:25 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

/var/lock should be a symlink to /run/lock and the entire construct is
managed by systemd-tmpfiles, base don /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf:

I know what it's supposed to be pointing at, and created the link myself.

systemd-tmpfiles --create /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf

Maybe that one should go in the postinstall script of filesystem then?
But my suspicion (see other post) is that the removal of /var/lock had been
delayed because it was still in use, so the post-script did not do anything,
and after the handle was free the link got deleted?

should take care of this setup - and this should actually run at every
boot; did you restart your TW machine after applying the update?

No, not yet; and I hope noone expects to reboot after such a minor package
change... (the filesystem package, not the whole update as such)