Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170626: /var/lock gone?
* Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-30-17 08:25]:
On Fri, 2017-06-30 at 08:20 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I did not and usually only reboot for a new kernel or when restarting
dbus
is necessary. are you saying there is now another requirement to
reboot a
system? and this was not required previously?

I'm not saying a reboot is required after every TW upgrade - and I'm
also not working towards the goal that this would become a nescessity.
But in this case I can well see that filesystem removed a link that was
in place before and no other package came 'after' to take care of
putting it back in place again.

tks, I'm wondering why it *just* became necessary as this is the first
time I have had to recreate the link, and I sometimes go days with running
processes using deleted files. but I probably should not update as
frequently as I do :(.

tks