Re: [opensuse-factory] Switching default python to Python 3
On Wednesday 28 June 2017, Martin Pluskal wrote:
On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 08:15 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 26.06.2017 um 22:34 schrieb Rüdiger Meier:
FYI I have access to a very large SLE cluster. There are many
users running "python" jobs and they expect python2. Let them
survive the update!

Oh! Of course Rüdiger! We really need to have your users survive,
we shouldn't do anything that kills them or even endangers their
lives. We definitely are in agreement here! This is a RED LINE!

But FYI: this is just a switch in python defaults for Tumbleweed,
no one
will be hurt.

I guess that this would be good selling point to promote openSUSE -
something like "openSUSE - distribution that does not kill it's
users" or if we want be more aggressive we could say "Unlike XY, we
don't kill our users"

Yeah, this seems appropriate: "We don't care what you need, we just
laugh about you, but we don't kill you."

At least you have this selling point, better than nothing.

cu,
Rudi