Re: [opensuse-factory] Switching default python to Python 3
Robert Schweikert wrote:
Well, in 2 years 9 months and 14 days [1] Python 2 will no longer be
maintained upstream.

So what? This only means that people should start porting their code now. And
while
they're at it they will change the shee-bang to explicitly invoke python3.

Everything else you're saying is speculation.

Which problem do you want to solve?

Ah yes of course, the PEP. Well what if that pep changes in 2 years 9
months and 13 days, can we then switch everything overnight?

Does it really lead anywhere to guess which change might be made to the PEP?

Personally I even wouldn't have expected Python releases 2.7.10 to 2.7.13
partially
introducing new features. So how do you know for sure what will happen? If I
follow your
path of speculations anything can happen in any direction.

Ciao, Michael.

< Previous Next >