Re: [opensuse-factory] Running konsole remotely
* Roger Whittaker <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-28-17 05:52]:
I run konsole remotely (ssh -X othermachine konsole).

This may seem odd, but there are reasons why I find this useful - in
particular that I can open a new tab in the same directory that I'm
working in.

With recent Tumbleweed versions I find that a new konsole run this way
will become totally unresponsive for about 10 seconds the first time
that I do a tab complete in bash inside it.

If I run a konsole on a remote Leap 42.2, I don't see this issue.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

fwiw: I see the same unresponsiveness but a little longer than 10 seconds.
I do not employe konsole in this manner, but tmux/yakuake. I can open a
remote konsole from within the tmux session at a remote site and do not
see the hang-ups. It basically accomplishes the same effect you describe
of opening in the same directory but w/o the hang-ups