Re: [opensuse-factory] Switching default python to Python 3
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:01:49 -0400
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to check all packages for unversioned python shebangs?
(Install and grep them all, add a rpmlint check, whatever?)

After collecting this information, contact the package maintainers and
ask them to fix the shebang (ideally by putting py3 there ;-)

That would be much better (and less painful) than finding all the
breakage after doing the switch ;-)

+1

Even if I wanted to be proactive I suspect I support 50 or more
packages with python involvement. Some form of automated tool to make
sure all is well is pretty important.

Thanks
Greg

--
Greg Freemyer
Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by