Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed, gcc7 and VMware
Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 05:55:36 schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:
Hi @all,

is someone running VMware on tubleweed successfully?

Since Migration to gcc7 (and the next kernel-compile) my VMware does not
even start.

I can compile the modules manually but nevertheless VMware refuses to
start.

In some articles I read about some tricks to start (bypass the start script
and invoke the executable directly e.g.) but nothing worked.

Has anybody here a solution (or a link to a solution)?
Did you try the modified workaround for Fedora26 as described on
<http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=1992> ?