Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed, gcc7 and VMware
  • From: Marc Dietrich <marvin24@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:30:28 +0200
Hi Andreas,

Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 07:55:36 CEST schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE
(External):
Hi @all,

is someone running VMware on tubleweed successfully?

Since Migration to gcc7 (and the next kernel-compile) my VMware does not
even start.

I can compile the modules manually but nevertheless VMware refuses to
start.

In some articles I read about some tricks to start (bypass the start script
and invoke the executable directly e.g.) but nothing worked.

Has anybody here a solution (or a link to a solution)?

it works here, but I don't remember exactly what I did. First, can you try to
start it with

"VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS=true vmware"

and check for errors in /tmp/vmware*

Marc