Re: [opensuse-factory] Can't mount fat32 USB sticks anymore
On 2017-06-26 02:25, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Pierre de Villemereuil <> [06-25-17 19:09]:
Hi,

The live USB (USB install in the case of openSUSE) were created using dd.
They were after that formatted using Gparted.

I guess it's a you say: Gparted is lazy (just as I am) and didn't wipe
everything clean (well, most likely because I didn't care to do it since it
worked "just fine").

if you read the openSUSE instructions on making a "live" usb stick, you
will find there are also instructions on recovering the usb stick to use
for normal file storage.

Yes, but these were intended for the case where the standard procedure
failed. Ie, if you simply initialize a stick using gparted, one assumes
that gparted knows how to do it.

It is a gparted bug.

--
Cheers / Saludos,