Re: [opensuse-factory] Can't mount fat32 USB sticks anymore
On 2017-06-25 04:07, Pierre de Villemereuil wrote:
Hi Carlos,

You were right, I did a big purge of a non-working USB stick using:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=446 count=1

A single:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=100

would more than suffice.

(I'm sure one of these two is not needed, but I just wanted to make sure I
erased all partition data and the MBR)

Then creating a partition table and FAT32 partition restores the ability to
mount the USB stick!

I'm still puzzled as to:
- why this suddenly became a problem?
- why the key was working on the Linux Mint laptop?

It has happened before.

Simply something sees the clue that it is an ISO before it sees that it
is also a partition table with a FAT partition, that's all.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.