[opensuse-factory] Can't mount fat32 USB sticks anymore
  • From: Pierre de Villemereuil <flyos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:26:44 +1200
Hi!

Since a recent update (also had a problem with snapper rollback, so I can't be
too sure the problem is from the update), I can't mount fat32 USB sticks any
more using Plasma interface. The displayed name of the USB key is wrong (it
displays a name like Kubuntu-x64-xxxx from when the USB was formatted to be a
live USB, which it's not any more, very strange!) and clicking on "Open in File
Manager" results in "Impossible to mount".

However, the device can be mounted in CLI using the mount "command", files can
be read, copied and written on the device using CLI.

I suspect something went wrong at some point in how Plasma is supposed to mount
USB keys and since I see nowhere report on this, that the problem is somehow
specific to my system.

Any help to pinpoint the origin of this issue (and for how to fix it) is
welcomed!

Cheers,
Pierre.