[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/25
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

With the pace of Tumbleweed having resumed to ‘almost daily snapshots’
I will to the review again weekly instead of bi-weekly. It’s just
easier to remember what big updates came in like this. This week I will
cover the 6 snapshots 0616,0617,0618,0619,0620 and 0622 (again, 0622
just passed openQA and you will get it shortly on the mirror). There
was also a 0621 tested, but discarded by openQA.

What did those 6 snapshots bring you (or will bring you, in the case of
0622):

* KDE Plasma 5.10.2
* A newer version of plymouth
* Linux Kernel 4.11.5 & 4.11.6
* Mesa 17.1.2 & 17.1.3 (in 0622), helping with chromium leaking
memory
* GStreamer 1.12.0 – with the MP3 module finally enabled. No more
need for extra repos to play your favorite MP3 collection
* GNOME fixes for Wayland sessions
* Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird 52.2
* LibreOffice 5.4 (beta2!) – Considered stable by the maintainer, but
please look out for errors and report them as you see them appear
* Systemd 233
* More system user related packaging changes: even ‘root’ comes now
from a specific package (system-user-root), no longer ‘hidden’ as part
of something else (0622)

You were thinking that this could not all have happened in one week,
right? Was my thought too, yet it is true.

And as usual, Tumbleweed can’t be stopped and it keeps rolling. With
those things currently being prepared in Stagings:

* TexLive 2017
* KDE Frameworks 5.35.0
* openSSL 1.1 as default
* GStreamer 1.12.1

With all these nice things: have a great weekend, have a lot of fun
using your up-to-date Tumbleweed system

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages