Re: [opensuse-factory] User session keyring, etc
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 09:56:16AM +0100, Roger Whittaker wrote:
Did something change in the most recent Tumbleweed update in this
area?

I used to be able to use "ecryptfs-mount-private" to mount my ecryptfs
filesystem whether or not I was logged in graphically, and whether or
not I had entered a kwallet password.

Now that's no longer the case - I see:

$ ecryptfs-mount-private
Enter your login passphrase:
Inserted auth tok with sig [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] into the user session keyring
mount: No such file or directory

And the filesystem is not mounted.

But if I have logged in to a KDE session and kwallet, then
ecryptfs-mount-private works as expected without prompting for a
password.

Further investigation shows that after unmounting,
"ecryptfs-mount-private" works as expected when run from inside the
KDE session, and fails when run remotely (although it seems to add
keys to the keyring).