Re: [opensuse-factory] konsole tab behaviour
On 20/06/17 04:25 PM, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017, 11:12:35 schrieb Anton Aylward:
I don't see what your point is.

And what is your point exactly?

This thread is about Tumbleweed (not Leap 42.2), with the latest Konsole
17.04.2 and Qt 5.9.0.

As mentioned there was a change in Qt 5.9.0 (released recently), that makes
Konsole's tabs take up all the available space in the tab bar.
So, even if your screen is 10000px wide and you only have one or two Konsole
tabs open, there won't be any empty space (where you could double-click to
open a new tab).

You won't see this in 42.2 of course though, which comes with Qt 5.6.1.
(as it's caused by a change in Qt 5.9.0)

Thank you for the clarification.

I recall there was a Qt4 config editor. I used it a few times with some
frustration as the multitude of options available were not, as is the case with
something like YaST, made available as prompts. I suppose they are documented
for developers, but I'm not a developer.

I wonder of a similar tool exists for Qt5, and/or there is an option/setting
that impacts such matters as discussed above?
For example, in my 42.2 version there is a "user defined stylesheet" option that
offers no prompt. Googling, github seems to imply that the stylesheet can
affect the width of the tabs..

Has anyone investigated this for the version of Konsole of which you speak, of
which you use?

--
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
-- Henry Kissinger