Re: [opensuse-factory] mysql-community-server no longer in TW?
On Thu, 2017-06-22 at 11:39 +0200, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Message:
Noone is interested in maintaining this anymore.

How much extra work is it to maintain MySQL for Tumbleweed? MySQL
must
be maintained for SLES and Leap anyway.

Must it? If you talk SLE12/Leap 42.x, then yes, but keep in mind that
TW moved to GCC7 and also a lot of other things progressed.

I guess if somebody establishes a working relationship with upstream it
should not be that much effort to keep it running once it is back in
usable shape. I can't estimate though how much work it will be to get
it back in shape for TW.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >