Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 status update and roadmap proposal
On mardi, 14 mars 2017 14.55:48 h CEST cagsm wrote:
Quick inquiry into where to ask or demand for new packages or versions
to be included into 42.3? On this list? Example: please upgrade
shorewall package (shorewall.net) at least to the one from tumbleweed
5.0.x or better to current stable releases 5.1.x

There is more that I think I have in the back of my mind that I come
across every now and then, e.g. more current iptables and related.
Then I remember some pretty basic stuff but I cant really remember the
details any more, maybe it was core utils maybe something different
but basic gnu linux stuff which had been old in contrast to what I
found at the official source back then. Sorry to annoy.

TIA.

Finally, after checking with upstream Tom Eastep, and placing a warning
message (beside having it in .changes and will also appear on release note)

Shorewall 5.1.4.3 will be available for Leap 42.3.
There's needs for upgrading the configuration, but this is mostly a one
command line and shorewall should handle easily most of configuration.

Hope you enjoy it, the sr is in progress in staging area now, and should
arrives I guess just after next snapshot.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch