Re: [opensuse-factory] mysql-community-server no longer in TW?
Richard Brown wrote:
On 22 June 2017 at 11:39, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Message:
Noone is interested in maintaining this anymore.
How much extra work is it to maintain MySQL for Tumbleweed? MySQL must
be maintained for SLES and Leap anyway.
MySQL is not available in SLES 12

https://www.suse.com/LinuxPackages/packageRouter.jsp?product=server&version=12&service_pack=&architecture=x86_64&package_name=index_all

Therefore your assumption that MySQL must be maintained for SLES and
Leap is invalid, Dominique's point remains:
If someone wishes to maintain a MySQL package in the openSUSE
distributions, someone needs to do the work.
No, MySQL is officially available for SLES 12:
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

The Oracle and SUSE/openSUSE MySQL repositories are connected, because
all are based on the same Gibhub project. The build service repositories
use generated RPM files from this project:
https://github.com/openSUSE/mysql-packaging

I would take over this work, but last time I had some problems with the
generation scripts, so I would need some more experience with them.

Greetings,
Björn