[opensuse-factory] Setting up an SPRT POS88 thermal printer
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:26:54 +0800
I tried to set up this printer with the privided PPD file via both the KDE
settings as well as the Yast2 printer interface, but ended up failing.

So I followed the instructions instead which used the web interface at http://
localhost:631/.

The manufacturer provides the drivers and instuctions here, but they are for
openSUSE 12.3 aqpparently:

http://www.sprt-printer.com/news_1659_2794.html

The printer successfully printed a test page after I ran through their
instruction, but I am wondering whether it is possible that I missed a generic
driver for this printer in the cups database, or I missed a step setting up
the printer with the KDE and/or Yast2 module.
  • No further messages