Re: [opensuse-factory] mysql-community-server no longer in TW?
Robert Munteanu wrote:
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Jiri Slaby <jslaby@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/21/2017, 10:21 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I need to look into alternatives.
What's wrong with mariadb?
For me personally, it's SonarQube not supporting it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sonarqube/32x5fsWHfCQ
I am also disappointed about the fact, that MySQL is removed from TW.

One possible alternative can be the MySQL Community Server packages from
www.mysql.com. Unfortunately they are build for SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server. Currently these packages run on TW, but this is not guarantied.

All the MySQL and MariaDB packages for SUSE/openSUSE are build from
https://github.com/openSUSE/mysql-packaging.

Unfortunately the build scripts and the workflow are complex, which
makes contributing difficult.

One of the possible ways to get MySQL back to TW can be:

1. Make mysql-community-server-57 packages (Oracle packages for SLES)
compatible with TW
2. Build and test such packages in repository server:database (the old
broken version 5.7.7 is the latest there)
3. Copy the packages back to the official TW repositories

Personally I don't see a future for the MySQL 5.6.x packages.

Greetings,
Björn