Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE branding gone
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:16:56 +0200
Am Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 19:52:40 schrieb Maximilian Trummer:
I was using Breeze-dark, then switched to Breeze and now I can find the
Breeze-themed start-here-branding. Maybe this is intentional, as
manually selecting the SVG when having dark icons enabled makes the icon
almost invisible.

Well, if you use the breeze-dark icon theme, icons from other icon themes will
of course not be used (except hicolor which is the standard fallback).
But AFAIK Kicker doesn't use the icon loader for this as already mentioned,
you should be able to choose any image file.

I can imagine that it might not be very visible though... ;)

Anyway, plasma5-theme-openSUSE also still contains the green colored geeko
icon:
$ rpm -ql plasma5-theme-openSUSE |grep greeter
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/SUSEgreeter.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/SUSEgreeter.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/SUSEgreeter.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/SUSEgreeter.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/SUSEgreeter.png
This one should be fine I suppose (and as it is part of hicolor, it's also
available as icon in all icon themes).

(SUSEgreeter has been dropped nearly two years ago, but the icon is still
there as it is also used in kinfocenter as distribution logo)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang