[opensuse-factory] Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list,
On Mon 19 Jun 2017 07:35:43 AM CDT, Lew Wolfgang wrote:

On 06/19/2017 12:34 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Although Email - like Newsgroups - may sound old fashioned, they
still have advantages over forums - low bandwidth requirements, the
option to download mails and work offline (yes, I'm travelling every
now and then), to apply filters....just to mention some.

For me the big difference is push vs pull. Forums require effort on
my part to search for and "pull" information into my work context.
Email information is "pushed" to me from multiple accounts and
is available for easy processing and archiving with the help of
Thunderbird. I literally couldn't do my user support work if I was
limited to forums. That being said, I also use forums for various
kinds of off-line work. It's nice to have choice!

Regards,
Lew

Hi
I use claws-mail for the forums via nntp and don't use the openSUSE
mailing list instead subscribe to no-mail and use gmane instead. If a
group doesn't exist on gmane it's a simple process to ask for it to be
added....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.2 | GNOME 3.20.2 | 4.4.62-18.6-default