[opensuse-factory] Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list,
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:34:38 +0200
Am Sonntag, 18. Juni 2017, 20:04:26 CEST schrieb Larx:
Am Sonntag, den 18.06.2017, 19:51 +0200 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

A mailing list is the same thing anywhere. The interface is your mail
client.

Yes, and there are better interfaces in the 21st century ;-). Look at
any forum.

A mailing list is a mailing list, and a forum is a forum. Both have pros and
cons, and depending on your personal preference, you like the one or the other
more.

Although Email - like Newsgroups - may sound old fashioned, they still have
advantages over forums - low bandwidth requirements, the option to download
mails and work offline (yes, I'm travelling every now and then), to apply
filters....just to mention some.

On the mailing list archive, fully agree, this could be made more user
friendly.

And about the bugzilla account, there is one link somewhere that
doesn't
ask that much. But I don't remember it.

Novells bugzilla is the worst I have ever encountered. And I contribute
to quite a few. Until I have browsed through all the convoluted options
available there, I usually lose the patience to file a bug.

Hm, maybe I worked too long with this, but thats not an issue for me. If you
complain about bugzilla, you probably never user legacy solutions, like BMC
Remedy...which is really a PITA

Cheers
Axel