Re: [opensuse-factory] Userfriendliness of mailing list
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 15:10:16 -0400
there are better interfaces in the 21st century ;-). Look at
any forum.
.
All forums I've tried are inferior to email, little different from the rest of
the rude bloated modern internet.
.
Novells bugzilla is the worst I have ever encountered. And I contribute
to quite a few. Until I have browsed through all the convoluted options
available there, I usually lose the patience to file a bug.
.
Bad as the microfocus interference is, it's still little different from most
other bugzilla-based bug trackers on the web, nearly all of which are better
overall than:

Debian's email-based tracker
Github
Google Code
Jira (bugreports.qt.io)
Launchpad
bugzilla.redhat.com
Trac

It's actually a significant reason why I have not switched from openSUSE to
Debian as primary OS.

I've heard that there might be some ways to improve bugzilla UX in
bugzilla 5.x, but to date, only Mageia uses bugzilla 5.x and it's
pretty stock.