Re: [opensuse-factory] Userfriendliness of mailing list
Larx composed on 2017-06-18 19:43 (UTC+0200):

This is slightly (completely) OT, but I really had to convince myself
to sign in to a mailing list one again..
You didn't have to:
https://forums.opensuse.org/forum.php

Mailinglists with 90ies interfaces
.
Email offers a tried and true interface. Consistent interface, lack of change,
is one of its attractions. Subscribers are here by their own choices, not
forced. We get to have legible black on white, or any other color schemes of our
own choosing, and optimally sized text, without jumping through hoops to get
them. And, we need not be online, or load a bloated web application, to read our
email.

Unwanted line wrapping of log files is avoided by either attaching to email, or
pastebinning, the latter of which doesn't necessarily have to use
http://susepaste.org/. In addition to other paste URLs there is the option to
use personal web space.

I am really also appalled to hear network traffic limitations as a
reason for this - time has moved on and we should not longer take 33.6k
modems into account.
.
Not everyone can live where broadband or unmetered bandwidth are options.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/